Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, September 27, 2018

Clara's Bell Peppers and Eggs





Clara's Bell Peppers and Eggs
(adapted from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4IjNV3lZkQ)
 


Clara Cannucciari became a YouTube star with the help of her grandson, years ago.

This is my second recipe of Clara's to try.

My Bell peppers and eggs came out great. Very tasty and surprisingly filling.

I followed Clara's recipe except I used frozen Bell pepper strips that equaled about 2 peppers. Also, I used 2 eggs.


In addition, I added a bit of Rock Salt and Macha when the dish was done.

I love this dish for another reason, it's a great way to use frozen Bell pepper strips.


 This is one recipe I will use often!


Ingredients:

Olive oil
Frozen Bell pepper strips (equal to about 2 Bell peppers)
2 eggs
Rock salt and Macha

or s/p to taste


Process:


In a medium skillet, add a dollop of olive oil.
Add the frozen Bell pepper strips and cook on medium.

Stir to separate and spread the strips in the skillet.
Stir occasionally.
Cook until they begin to brown.



Once they begin to brown, lower the temperature to simmer. Stir some more, then cover and cook until the peppers are softer.

Crack the eggs into a bowl and whip with a fork to break the yolks and add a bit air to the mix.


Add the eggs to the peppers. Stir to mix thoroughly.



















Cook mixture on medium.
Stir as eggs cook.
Cook until eggs are done, generally until the eggs are firm and not runny.












Remove and serve on a plate or in a bowl



Add extra s/p to taste. I added a bit of rock salt and Macha*.

*I am still chafing at spending about 20 dollars on a small packet of Macha for 1 recipe. But, on Clara's Bell peppers and eggs, it made the dish even tastier.

+++

Dear Blog Visitors: I am sorry this post looks like crap.


But, Blogger.com's ability to format text and to place pictures in text has deteriorated over time. Most of their text formatting options do not work.  It is a horrible blog platform. I actually think Blogger.com wants its users to go to other blog services and is trying to drive them away with awful software. Their feedback function is useless, they have little to no staff actually working to fix blogger.com issues. There have been no upgrades in a long time. I would love to go to another blog platform but my blog is so data intensive, it will be a big headache and will take a lot of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.