Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Microwave Popcorn

I adapted my recipe from:
http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/09/microwave-popcorn-no-bag-required.html

Ingredients:

1/4 cup unpopped corn kernels
a dab of water
Large glass casserole bowl with lid

Update: 4/18/20 - my casserole dish broke, now I use a empty saltine cracker box. Works great.  Just don't add water.

Process:

Add corn kernels to a cup.
Add a dab of water.
Stir kernels so they all get wet.
Put kernels into casserole dish.
Cover and microwave on high for 7-8 minutes.
Note: kernels start popping after about 4 minutes. Stop cooking when the popping stops.















Only about 10 kernels did not pop.

It always amazes me that such a small amount of kernels make so much popcorn.

I seasoned the cooked popcorn with grated parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.