Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Microwave: Creamy Chicken and Vegetables

This recipe adaptation was inspired by a recipe from @BudgetBytes. This a great recipe website. The author, Beth Moncel, writes in a fresh, clear, fun, informative style. Her recipes are always interesting and easy to make.
 
Also, I make miniature meals because as a single person, I don't need to make large meals. Plus, miniature meals reduces food waste.
 
As usual, I don't have all the ingredients. In this case, I was able to use several leftover items, so my measurements are a guess. Being frugal is a creative and adaptive process.


Microwave: Creamy Chicken and Vegetables


Ingredients:
 
1 Cup Leftover Cooked rice
1/3 Cup Canned Salsa
2-3 Heaping TBspns Canned Mixed vegetables
1/3 Cup Cooked Chicken, diced
1/2 - 1 Cup Chicken broth (or use broth made from Chicken bouillon and water)
1 TBspn Crushed Dry Thyme
A few grinds of Black pepper
Plain yogurt
2-3 TBspns Mozzarella Cheese, grated (or use more if you desire)
 
 
Process: 
 
In a medium bowl, add ingredients, except the yogurt and cheese.
Stir and mix thoroughly.
 
Because, at the moment, I only wanted to taste the end result, I scooped out about 3 TBspns of the mixture and placed them into a dessert bowl.
 
Then, I microwaved it for 1 minute on high until hot.
 
After removing the bowl, I stirred in 1-2 ounces of plain yogurt and added cheese on top.
 
Then, I microwaved the mixture, again, for about 30 seconds to melt the cheese.
 
 
While it may not be clear, I made a larger batch than a dessert bowl and only microwaved a portion to make a miniature meal.

I can't say enough about the herb Thyme, I should use it more, it really makes this dish heavenly.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.