Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Friday, August 9, 2019

Tin Can Cook - Carrot Cake Overnight Oats


I am enjoying reading Jack Monroe’s latest cookbook, Tin Can Cook. This is the first of several recipes I am going to try.

It is always an adventure to try and make a recipe.

BTW, I love the name of the recipe and the fact it is a no bake or cook recipe.


When I was in the states visiting family, going grocery shopping, is often a catch as catch can affair because I use public transit or join family on their trips to the grocery.

After a family event, my sister stopped by a grocery store. As we shopped, I tried to be quick. What did I need to make Jack’s Carrot Cake Overnight Oats?

Besides buying cans of carrots, I had asked my sister to pick up some oats. Back at the house, as I began to gather the ingredients to make this recipe, I realized she had selected quick oats, so I was not sure how they would work.

Note: I converted the metric measurements to ounces.


Tin Can Cook - Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
(No Bake)

Ingredients:

1 can carrots, drained, 200g = 7.05 oz
My can was 14.5 oz, so I used roughly half a can.

Milk 250ml = 8.79 oz
I used Lactose-free milk

Oats 70g = 2.49 oz
Raisins 70g = 2.49 oz
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbspns Sugar, optional






Process:

In a medium-size container with a lid, add carrots.
With a fork, mash carrots.
Add milk.
Mix and mash carrots in the milk
Add oats.
Add raisins.
Add cinnamon and sugar.
Mix well.
Affix lid.
Chill overnight or 8 hours to allow oats to soak up milk and swell up.

Serve with a splash of milk or cream.





The recipe turned out great. Now, I have another oats recipe including the "Worts" recipe.

#GERD-Friendly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.