Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, March 7, 2019

DIY Thousand Islands Dressing

There are a lot of recipe/cooking websites out there.

But, one website always comes to my rescue, Simply Recipes, https://www.simplyrecipes.com/

This time, when I ran out of Thousand Islands Dressing, I wondered if I could make it myself. With the help of Simply Recipes, I did.


DIY Thousand Islands Dressing
(Adapted from: https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/thousand_island_dressing/)


Ingredients:

1 Cup Mayonnaise
1 TBspn onion powder
2 TBspns Ketchup
2 TBspns Pickle Relish
1 Capful of lime juice concentrate
1 Tspn Paprika
s/p to taste


Process:

Now, as I began, I realized I had a bit more than a cupful of mayonnaise left in the jar, so I just used the jar and its contents and mixed in the rest of the ingredients. Also, I did not add any ground black pepper or salt. I feel many processed foods already have salt in them.

Then, I stirred the mixture well.

It was tasty.

Thousand Islands dressing reminds me of my mom. One of her favorite meals was a Rueben Sandwich. I modified the idea of a Reuben and make a Turkey Rueben Toast Topping. I add shredded cheese on top of the toast, top it with a slice of Turkey lunch meat, then add a scoop of sauerkraut and add a spoonful of my DIY Thousand Islands dressing!!!





It's the little things that make me happy. It makes me proud, I can make Thousand Islands Dressing!!! and I can barely boil water.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.