Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Ovaltine - My Way

One common refrain you will hear from expats is their difficulty in finding various favorite food items from back home, here in Merida.

One food item I can't find is Ovaltine, a chocolate powdered drink mix. I have used Mexico's coca powdered mixes and they are good, but there's something about Ovaltine that makes it different.

But, I got lucky, a relative brought me lots of Ovaltine, so I am enjoying a variety of Ovaltine drinks!




Using milk (light) as a base and adding 2-3 heaping teaspoons of Ovaltine, I am making:

Iced Ovaltine

Hot Ovaltine, plain or
    with a bit powdered orange drink mix, or
    with a bit of coffee, or
    with a bit of vanilla flavoring

Ovaltine Frappuccino



For more info on Ovaltine:


What's in Ovaltine?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.