Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Sunday, July 21, 2019

Toaster Oven: Toasted Bread Dipping Circles


I had collected several bread ends and they were stored in the freezer. Normally, I would have used the bread ends in a Bread Pudding but this time I craved a snack.

So, I cut out the middle of each bread end with a glass and made a batch of toasted bread circles. Then, I made a dipping sauce. Quite tasty. Necessity is indeed the Mother of Invention.


Toaster Oven: Toasted Bread Dipping Circles


Ingredients:

Bread ends
A round glass

Sauce:

Olive Oil
Oregano, crushed, dry
Ground black pepper, to taste (Optional)


Process:

Place bread ends on a cutting board.
Place glass in the middle of bread slice.
Push down and rotate the glass to cut a circle of bread out of the slice.




Place slices in toaster oven.
Toast until light brown and crisp.




Make sauce.

All I did was pour a bit of olive oil into a bowl and added some ground black pepper and oregano, then I stirred the mixture.

Dip the toasted bread circle into the sauce and enjoy.






I also toasted the edges of the leftover bread circles. I think I will use them to make bread crumbs.

#GERD-friendly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.