Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Monday, July 13, 2015

Marinated Cherry Tomatoes

I like cherry tomatoes but if I don't use them quickly, so within about two weeks, they go bad. So, I have been looking for recipes using cherry tomatoes.

This recipe is great because the marinated tomatoes can be used as an added ingredient in omelettes; salads; rice dishes, warm or cold; and on sandwiches.

Plus, I am assuming because the tomatoes are marinated they may keep longer. But, I don't know that yet, since I already ate them all.

Marinated Cherry Tomatoes
Adapted from: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Marinated-Cherry-Tomato-Salad/

Ingredients:
1.5 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
A dollop of olive oil
1 Tbspn table vinagre
1 Tbspn Balsamic Vinegar
1 palmful dry parsley, crush between hands
1 palmful dry oregano, crush between hands
1 palmful dry basil, crush between hands
Ground Black Pepper to taste.
A dash of salt (optional)
1/3 tspn sugar






Process:
In a bowl or covered container, add olive oil, vinegars, herbs, salt and sugar. Stir.
Add tomatoes. Stir to coat tomatoes. If necessary, add more oil.
Place bowl or container in frig to chill for about an hour.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.