Ria Stone promotes her works and the works of other authors.
Topics include: Indie Publishing, Writing, Resources, Marketing & more; Frugality; Recipe testing for next edition of Recipes from the Kitchen of a Frugal Non-Cook eCookbook; Guest Bloggers & Interviews, & more.
"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson
Friday, May 22, 2015
Writing Workshop -- Kick Writers' Block to the Curb with Seven Easy Exercises
Seven Writing Exercises
1. Spontaneous Writing Exercise -- select a word and write without caring about punctuation, grammar, plot or organization for five minutes.
2. Writing Prompts
-- Write a letter to your Writers Block to say good bye.
-- You are cleaning out the attic, garage or closet and find....
-- Make a list of story titles you’d like write.
-- Write about the most beautiful place you have ever been.
3. Try a different genre. Write a:
-- biography of local person
-- short story
4. Go through your photographs/mementos. Pick one. Write a story about it.
5. Take a walk. Look at the houses, businesses and landscape. Think about who lives or works there. Write a short story about your impressions.
6. Write about something you have knowledge of or an expertise.
7. Write something every day.
After you’ve done a few exercises. Pick something you have written in the last few months.
Edit it. Polish it. Submit it to:
-- an online publication (check their submission guidelines).
-- to a short story contest.
-- post on your blog.
-- an agent, or
-- collect other stories/articles/poems etc., and self-publish your own collection.