- Place rolls open on plates.
- Spread mustard on one side of each roll.
- Add oil in skillet.
- Add onion.
- Cook on medium-high.
- Add portobello mushroom halves.
- Sprinkle with black pepper and Paprika.
- Cook until mushroom is heated thoroughly. Flip mushroom to cook on both sides.
- Add 1/4 cup water, if necessary, to steam mushrooms and to keep onions from burning.
- Cook for about 10 minutes more or less depending on your stove.
- Top mushrooms with grated cheese.
- Cook for about 1-2 minutes to melt cheese.
- Use a turner to lift mushrooms out and place on open roll.
- Scoop up some onions, add to each slider.
- Top with pickle relish.
- Close roll and serve.
Monday, April 20, 2015
Portabello Mushroom Sliders
1/2 red onion, sliced
2 large Portobello mushrooms, stem removed, washed, cut into halves
1 tablespoon olive oil
Ground Black pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 cup water
2/3 cup grated cheese(s), mozzarella, feta
A few dashes of Parmesan cheese
1 Tblspn pickle relish
4 Small dinner rolls, sliced horizontally
Ideas: add sliced avocado, and/or shredded cabbage, grated radish, sliced olives.
So sorry, my "presentation" is awful.
While I really like Portabello mushrooms, I still struggle to figure out how long to cook them. Mine came out great, hot and still a bit solid. The onions were cooked to the point of almost charred.
I made four sliders and tried shredded cabbage, grated radish and sliced olives on three of them, respectively. I liked the grated radish and sliced olive ones but I think I would serve coleslaw on the side rather than adding sliced cabbage.